Let's Work Together
FACES is running many program where outside financial supports and contributions are not sufficient enough to operate those program smoothly. Therefore FACES always seek any possible activities of income generating to subsidies program cost.
FACES always seeking for good friends and supporters to meet it aims & objectives, to fill the mission & visions and to reach the goals. From the beginning it has been trying to benefit the beneficiaries in a straight or alternative way, hence FACES is struggling huge.
FACES needs lot of helping hands and it is very grateful to all of its friends and supporters. FACES belives together we can change a lot
Family And Community Empowerment Support (FACES) is commonly known as FACES established in 2003 at Adabar Thana of Dhaka city. Both horizontal & vertical expansions encompassing wide variety of program being implemented following a comprehensive development approach supported by international donors and by self-financing, have helped FACES to establish itself as a unique NGO in the country. FACES is a non-political, non-governmental and non-profitable welfare service oriented organization registered with the Department of Social Services, Society Act and NGO Affairs Bureau. It was established to provide need based services for the disable, distressed, poor and disadvantaged groups of the community of both rural and urban areas.
Since its inception, FACES has been working as a welfare organization serving the disable, disadvantaged and poor who are socially weak, neglected and economically vulnerable. FACES’s approach focuses on specific tasks such as organization and mobilizations of demoralized and exploited people into viable groups, human development through fruitful training and ensure the proper treatment in order to strengthen the analytical capability of the target beneficiaries. The aim is that they will learn to speak for themselves and become conscious and assertive members of their group and the wider population.
The major strategy of FACES is to involve the community, to empower the disable, disadvantaged and underprivileged group of community and to ensure the fundamental rights and basic needs through provide support and assistance. FACES believe in HOLISTIC approach for the proper development of the total community.
The prime objectives of the organization is human resource development by conducting competency-based training for Government, NGO and other national and international organizations and provide health, population need based education services both at center and community based programs. The specific objectives are:
- Assist the underprivileged people for capacity building and ensuring provisions of basic needs of life i.e. Employment, income, health, education etc.
- Enhance the socioeconomic condition of the poor (target) people through undertaking/implementing strategic programs and projects.
- Help to build institution to the target group, women and other disadvantaged group for establishing their basic rights in the family, community and society.
- Transfer ownership of the organization to the beneficiaries.
To build a, participatory and sustainable society in which the human rights and human dignity of women, men, children and specially the people with the disability are equally respected and people live responsibly in community with others and with nature.
Implementation of different development programs which are socially sound, economically compatible and environmentally sustainable through Peoples Participatory Process.
To support and promote the conditions of the people with disabilities, children in especially difficult circumstances, oppressed women, helpless senior citizen and empowerment of the disable, disadvantaged groups of people individually, & their family who are living below the poverty line as well as the total community to achieve the MDG.
- Board Members
- Staff Members
- As well as the Government
- Staff Members
- Staff Strength.
- People with disability
- Urban and rural disadvantaged & underprivileged children, women & men
- Youth and adolescent community of the society
- Poor elderly people
- The community
FACES has a fleet of professional staff with extensive experiences and specialization in the area of health, disability, physiotherapy, autism, education, community development, management, marketing, promotion of herbal product, vaccination, advocacy & awareness raising, counseling, sanitation, environment etc. At present FACES has personnel strength of about forty-five which included 50% of professional staff and rest are trainees & volunteers. Out of the total staff around 75 % are female staff.
Major Programs and Projects
- Health program
- General health services
- Physiotherapy service
- EPI services
- Free medical camp
- STI/HIV/AIDS Awareness Program
- Hepatitis-B Awareness/Vaccination Program
- Special Needs School
- Daycare and Skill Development Centre for the Gifted Children
- Primary needs/ Non formal education program
- Vocational Training
- Awareness raising program
- Helping Humanity
Strategy and Approach of Development
- Conduct awareness raising programs
- Protect the rights of the people with disabilities
- Protect the rights of the children, to prevent child abuse, child trafficking, and child labor
- Raise public opinion against violence against women
- Undertake motivational programs for safe motherhood
- Undertake non-formal education program to eradicate illiteracy
- Initiate programs to eradicate unemployment problems and to promote programs for human resource development
- Organize program to prevent communicable diseases like AIDS, Hepatitis
- Organize programs for empowerment of the disable, helpless and distressed women
- Undertake programs to promote and preserve environmental and ecological condition
- Accessing of latest & updated information to the community
- Special empowerment of the family to the community of the society.